Lara Marshall Lisbe, LCSW
I provide psychotherapy for individuals, couples, families and serve both children and adults. My professional training is in the field of social work, for which I hold a master's degree (MSW) from the University of South Florida and am recognized by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCS29542).
As a social worker, I treat each individual from a "person in environment" perspective, meaning I consider a range of individual and contextual factors as contributing to wellbeing. I will provide a thorough assessment to help determine what issues, both past and present, are contributing to current symptomology, and tailor a treatment plan aimed at developing skills and support to regain a sense of life balance.
My therapeutic approach is eclectic, as I appreciate the uniqueness of each individual. I will customize the techniques I use based on your personality and life circumstances in order to alter long-standing behavioral patterns and/or perceptions that are negatively impacting your life. I provide a safe space for exploration and utilize the following therapeutic modalities:
- talk therapy
- cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- solution-focused therapy
My clinical focus and experience includes:
- mood disorders (i.e., depression, anxiety)
- substance abuse
- body image and self esteem
- love addiction and co-dependency
- relationship conflict
- grief and loss
- behavioral issues
- personal growth
- life transitions and adjustments
- positive parenting (psychoeducation and support)
My private office is located in the heart of Westwood Village in West Los Angeles. Please call for a free 15-minute consultation at 424-256-5965. You can email me directly through this website or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and/or to schedule an appointment.
- Master of Social Work, University of South Florida
- Bachelor of Arts, Ithaca College
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, California, License #29542
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Women's Association for Addiction Treatment (WAAT)
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Sciences (ACBS)
- Private Practice, Los Angeles, CA - Psychotherapist utilizing an eclectic clinical approach to treat children, adolescents and adults struggling with various psychosocial stressors and mental health issues.
- Hirschman Clinical Services, Los Angeles, CA - Clinical director of therapeutic coaching practice, which provided intensive case management, crisis intervention and life skills building for high acuity clients transitioning out of higher level care for dual diagnosis, substance abuse, eating disorders and severe emotional dysregulation. Led supervision of four clinicians and maintained personal caseload of coaching clients.
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, Malibu, CA - On-site school therapist providing individual psychotherapy services to students as required by their Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Del Amo Hospital, Torrance, CA - Clinical social worker on multi-disciplinary treatment team serving children and adolescent psychiatric unit; led group therapy, conducted psychosocial assessments, provided discharge planning to high acuity clients. Developed group therapy curriculum for children's unit.
- Hickory Trail Hospital, DeSoto, TX - Therapist on multi-disciplinary treatment team serving adolescent psychiatric unit; provided a full spectrum of case management services, including psychosocial assessments, treatment planning and aftercare planning.
- School District of Manatee County, Bradenton, FL - School social worker responsible for developing treatment plans and conducting individual and group counseling, providing crisis case management, and participating in Child Study Team for at-risk students.